Improvement initiatives across the Island Health region are aligned to the organizational priorities plan and the broader strategic framework.
Quality Improvement Registry
This registry lists Island Health quality improvement initiatives in one spot to keep track of them and ensure teams can connect. Managed by the Quality, Safety & Improvement portfolio, the QI Registry is a secure, self-report platform. The registry is also designed to prompt thinking about data access, collection and storage and includes a simple ethics screening tool to differentiate research from QI and support risk mitigation.
For assistance with signing in to the intranet see the Island Health employees page on the public website.
If you have any questions about the registry, please email QPS@viha.ca
- Facility Engagement
Facility Engagement is a Specialist Services Committee initiative. SSC is one of four joint collaborative committees that represent a partnership between the Government of BC and Doctors of BC. Facility Engagement aims to strengthen relationships, engagement and communication between health authorities and facility-based physicians, to improve their work environment and the delivery of patient care with:
- Improved opportunities for physicians and Island Health leaders to work together to share knowledge and make informed decisions that can improve patient care, the physician experience, and the cost-effectiveness of the health-care system.
- Opportunities and support for physicians who work at facilities and are members of the medical staff to develop a meaningful voice, and increase involvement in local activities that affect their work and patient care.
- Funding to support activities that involve physicians in decision-making, and:
- Pay for physicians' time in activities.
- Hire expertise to support the physician activities (e.g. a coordinator for administrative support; an analyst to track issues, develop business cases and manage projects; a physician lead to support engagement activities).
- Specialist Services Committee
SPECIALIST SERVICES COMMITTEE (SSC) improves patient care by engaging physicians to collaborate, lead quality improvement and deliver quality services with SSC supports and incentives. SSC is one of four joint collaborative committees of Doctors of BC and the BC government and includes regular representation from health authorities.