Are you a member of the Medical Staff with a growth mindset who is passionate about improvement? Would you like to work with a team to address a gap in care in your area? Do you enjoy participating in fun, educational workshops with colleagues from across the island that will give you tools you can apply in real time? Then Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) is the place for you!
The Island Health Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) team offers online learning, introductory workshops and a comprehensive 12-month Cohort training program to all medical staff including privileged GPs, Specialists, Midwives and Nurse Practitioners. It is the only QI education program that offers:
- CPD/CME accreditation (up to 50 MOC section 1 / Mainpro+ group learning credits pending approval)
- Comprehensive funding for physicians for up to 168 hours of sessional time at the JCC-rate
- Expert faculty teaching curriculum designed by medical staff, for medical staff
- Virtual and in-person workshops (pending public health guidelines) across Vancouver Island
- The opportunity to lead your own Quality Improvement project with the support of experienced physician mentors, staff coordinators, and data analyst support
Our Program Offerings:
Interested in learning about QI at your own pace from a world-class institution? We offer free
Curious to learn about QI in a workshop designed by medical staff
Our comprehensive 12-month Cohort training program is your opportunity
Build Connections with peers across Vancouver Island:
A huge part of quality improvement centers around the team. We like to say that QI is a team sport and our program not only allows you to build stronger connections with your local team, but also with your peers across the health authority.
To celebrate the successes from the cohort program, graduates get an opportunity to share their experiences. Listen to what some had to say.
PQI is a partnership between Specialist Services Committee and Island Health. Learn more about SSC initiatives here.
Steering Committee Chair
Data Analyst, PQI
Program Assistant, PQI