Island Health’s Executive Team leads the delivery of services through Integrated Health Services. Our services and programs are led by co-management teams comprised of both a medical staff and non-medical leader.
Medical staff can assume a various leadership roles within Island Health. These roles include Department Head, Division Head, Section Head, Chief of Staff, Executive Medical Director, Medical Director and Medical Lead. These medical leaders are accountable to the Vice President, Medicine, Quality and Academic Affairs, the Chief Executive Officer and the Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (HAMAC).
Medical Staff Departments
- Anesthesia, Pain & Perioperative Medicine
- Emergency & Critical Care
- Laboratory and Imaging Medicine
- Maternity Care & Pediatrics
- Primary Care
- Free Standing Division of Public Health
- Free Standing Division of Nurse Practitioners
Medical Leadership Organizational Charts