- Island Health is postponing all elective surgical procedures for an indeterminate period of time. Colon screening cases and slates are also being postponed for a minimum of two weeks.
- Elective MRI, CT, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy are being postponed. All inpatients, as well as patients categorized as STAT, ASAP, and semi-urgent, will continue to be considered essential.
- Today, we paused all community Assessed and Awaiting Placement (AAP) long-term care admissions and are enhancing community based supports for these clients. All long-term care bed openings will be reserved for hospital based AAP individuals for the time being.
- Further work is being undertaken in community and facility based seniors’ services to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission through enhanced social distancing.
- Adult Day Programs are paused, and a virtual support plan for clients will be established to best support them during this challenging time in their programming.
- All facility respite admissions – with the exception of the Piercy Respite hotel and palliative care clients – have been paused.
- Routine long-term care inter-facility transfers are also paused, with limited exceptions.
- Island Health Laboratory Services Changes | March 23
As per March 19, 2020 CEO & MHO Joint Update.