The Medical Lead Pediatrics CVH is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of services at Comox Valley Hospital. This position reports to The Site Medical Director and Chief of Staff at CVH.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island the Comox Valley is comprised of the City of Courtenay, the Town of Comox, the Village of Cumberland and the idyllic rural areas from Fanny Bay in the south to Black Creek in the north and includes the islands of Hornby and Denman. The Comox Valley is one of the Island’s best-kept secrets!
Surrounded by majestic mountains, rushing rivers, lush rainforests and shimmering seas, this region is highly attractive to those seeking variety and a superb quality of life, as well as affordable housing. A great place to raise a family, we have a strong sense of community and a shared spirit of cooperation. We are one of the fastest growing areas in Canada and educational facilities range from elementary to full degree programs at the North Island College.
The valley enjoys short mild winters and warm dry summers. The Comox Valley is also host to over 50 annual festivals, and the local Sid Williams Theatre provides year-round performing arts. For great boutique shopping, go to 5th Street in Courtenay and visit the local restaurants, farmers market and vineyards for the renowned local food scene.
If you enjoy the outdoors, Mount Washington Ski resort, which has 1700 acres of terrain, is only 30 minutes outside the city. World-renowned mountain biking trails that can be ridden year-round are located in Cumberland. Furthermore, the beautiful west coast community of Tofino is only 2.5 hours away. A typical weekend in the region can include superb salmon fishing, paddle boarding at Goose Spit or on Comox Lake, a tube float down the Puntledge River, or time spent on a patio at one of the three local micro-breweries.
The physician community is welcoming and collegial with 19 full-service medical clinics, two walk-in clinics, and a military base clinic. We are currently served by the Island Health run Comox Valley Hospital, a 153-bed acute care facility.
Comox Valley Hospital
Please submit your CV and Cover letter to:
Medical Staff Recruiter
Active member of Island Health Medical Staff