We are pleased to welcome Dr. Lindi Thibodeau as the new Medical Lead, Anesthesia, Comox Valley Hospital.
Getting to know Dr. Thibodeau.
- Where did you complete medical school and residency?
I completed both my medical school and residency at the University of British Columbia.
- Why did you choose your field of specialty?
Anesthesiology is the best mix of both procedural and cerebral medicine with a smattering of critical care and resuscitation.
- What is most meaningful to you about practicing medicine?
I love taking care of people ensuring that they feel safe and comfortable as possible during their stressful day in the OR.
- What are your professional interests and notable achievements?
Professional interests include quality improvement, medical education, process improvement in the pre-admission clinic and beyond as well as patient safety. Increasing our perioperative role as anesthesiologists to ensure patients in other areas of the hospital can benefit from our services.
- What are your hopes for the future of healthcare?
I would love to see better postoperative analgesia using home supported perineural pain pumps, transitioning to more successful day care surgeries, better resources for chronic pain and palliative care and a focus on a greener hospital with reusable materials, locally made food and less overall waste.
- What hobbies or activities do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
What spare time? I have 2 little kids, 5 chickens, 2 cats and a puppy. My life is full of love and laughter and chaos.