Access to the following systems:
- PowerChart— PowerChart presents patient information to application users in the Power Forms
- PACS (InteleViewer) —This is the Medical Imaging Interface, used for viewing medical images via IntelePACS Browser or InteleViewer
- eHealth Viewer (CareConnect) — A patient-centric view of provincial information which is accessible from within Cerner PowerChart and FirstNet. It provides authorized users with secure, view-only access to clinical information from all health authorities in BC.
Instructions to Applicant | PowerChart Access (non-privileged) | Read Only
Please complete and return the documents listed below by email.
1. Application for PowerChart Permission (return all 7 pages)
2. Authorization for Release of Information, signed and witnessed and CMPA member number. This will be sent to the Canadian Protective Medical Association to obtain confirmation of your liabilitycoverage.
3. Institutional Request for COPC, signed and witnessed. This will be sent by our office to CPSBC to confirm registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
4. Primary identification. Provide a clear copy of any one of the following: BC Driver’s Licence and Services Card (Combined Card) BC Services Card (Photo Card) BC Identification (BCID) card Canadian driver’s licence Passport (identification pages)
5. Secondary identification. Provide a clear copy of any one of the following: BC Services Card (Non-Photo Card) Birth certificate Citizenship papers or immigration documents (without photo) BC CareCard
Return documents by email to: CommunityEHR@islandhealth.ca
PowerChart Access (privileged)
If you require any other level of access, with the exception of Island Health’s COVID-19 Clinics (i.e. you will want to admit patients or do any outpatient ordering) you will need to contact the Credentialing Office at Credentialing_Office@islandhealth.ca. Access to PowerChart will be provided once the credentialing process has been completed.
Island Health Primary Care & Urgent Primary Care Center Sites
Primary Care & UPCC Sites and COVID-19 Clinic Access - contact the Medical Lead and or Manager for the Specific Clinic.
If you are working in the community (non-privileged) and only require systems access (i.e. PowerChart, PACs and eHealth Viewer) please find more information and application documents here. Please contact CommunityEHR@islandhealth.ca if you have any additional questions.