Consider taking a shift at the Medical Arts Centre UPCC!
The UPCC offers flexible hours with team-based care, low commitment and attractive remuneration:
- There is no expectation to see a high volume of patients - any help is appreciated!
- Shifts are usually 3-4 hours
- An overhead reduction payment of $200-500 is provided per shift. This is in addition to 80% of your FFS billings. Highest payments correspond with more undesirable times.
- Your investigations will be reviewed by the Medical Arts physician on-call -no need to worry about following up on results after your shift.
- Workflow is between two exam rooms with access to a nursing station with four procedure rooms (for minor procedures)
- Nursing staff are available for ear syringing, dressing changes, immunizations etc.
- More time is spent on work that requires physician expertise as timely access to on-site Pharmacist, Social Work and MHSU clinicians facilitates team-based care.
- Patients are generally very appreciative for being seen as many are unattached and have no access to alternative in-person care in Nanaimo (except the ED).
- Seeing patients at the UPCC provides appropriate access and helps offload the already overwhelmed ED.
If this interests you, please reach out to one of the following leads who will be happy to chat with you more about this opportunity.
The Medical Arts Centre is located in the heart of downtown Nanaimo by the waterfront. The clinic is supported by excellent long-term staff including a Nurse practitioner, RN’s, MHSU clinicians, social workers, and a pharmacist available to assist with complex patient care.
Medical Arts enjoys state of the art electronic medical records (Intrahealth) and is complimented with Accell EMR.
We are an active teaching site for the UBC Family Medicine Residency Program.
As soon as possible.
An overhead reduction payment of between $200-$500 is provided per shift. This is in addition to 80% of your FFS billings. Highest payments correspond with more undesirable times.
Nanaimo, population 103,500, is a growing and vibrant urban centre situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island, located approximately 100 kilometers north of Victoria and offers excellent access via commercial flights, float plane or ferry to Vancouver. The community offers a wide variety of cultural and educational opportunities including the 800 seat waterfront Port Theatre, the Vancouver Island University and is adjacent renowned private schools.
Nanaimo is the outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise, providing year round access to a wide array of recreational activities including kayaking, kite boarding, windsurfing, mountain biking, hiking, running and golfing. Nearby Mount Washington frequently boasting the deepest snow pack in North America, has excellent downhill, snowboarding and cross country skiing.
Medical Arts Centre: Urgent Care Clinic
Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC