The Department of Psychiatry, South Island is seeking a General Practitioner who is interested in joining the Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) program in Victoria.
The successful applicant will provide full range of primary care physician medical services to patients in the Glengarry Transitional Care Unit (GTCU). Other duties include:
- Assume Most Responsible Physician role for patients in the GTCU.
- Meet weekly with staff and patients on the unit.
- Meet with patients as clinically appropriate and a minimum of once every two weeks.
- Ensure admission orders for new patients are provided in the unit.
- Consult with staff and program leadership in quality improvement tasks and meetings.
- Liaise as appropriate with other service providers around client care.
- Complete clinical documentation as appropriate.
Eligible applicants will hold or be eligible for full licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
As soon as possible.
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your medical career and create the kind of lifestyle only dreamt about. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding to golf, and world-class fishing. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Glengarry Transitional Care Unit (GTCU)
Interested candidates, please attach your CV and letter of interest
Christal Lawson, Medical Staff Recruiter
- Eligible for full licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC)
- Additional training and/or enhanced skills in psychiatry