Island Health has exciting opportunities for Family Practitioners to work at the Downtown Victoria Urgent and Primary Care Centre (DVUPCC).
Large group of Family Practitioners in team based care:
- Join a team of primary care providers and other allied health staff to collectively deliver integrated team-based care to patients.
Turn-key operation in Victoria BC:
- Located in beautiful downtown Victoria the DVUPCC is a bright new clinic, offering turn-key operation, with no overhead costs.
Group clinical service contract with competitive rates:
- If you are a Family Practitioner looking to achieve a healthy work-life balance, and have income security while establishing your practice on beautiful Vancouver Island, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Island Health looks forward to supporting primary care providers and the health care team to provide innovative primary care services that are at the forefront of primary care improvement in BC. Modeled after best practices, primary care providers will have the opportunity to optimize data from the clinics information system to improve patient care.
There is a requirement to establish a minimum panel and participation in urgent care. As the most responsible primary care provider, after hours’ care for patients is inherent in the services. The Family Practitioner will participate in an after-hours call group, sharing after-hours coverage with other primary care providers (Family Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners) at the clinic.
For further information, or to discuss these opportunities directly with our Medical Director, please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
Start Date: As soon as possible (flexible)
Longitudinal/Urgent Care Position: 0.5 to 1.0 FTE
Urgent Care Only Position: Minimum 2 shifts per month
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic Capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your midwifery career. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering many regional, provincial and national parks with myriad recreational activities. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage, and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Downtown Victoria Urgent and Primary Care Centre
Medical Staff Recruiter
- Eligible for full licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC)
- Family Medicine Certification of the College of Family Physicians (or equivalent).
- Experienced primary care providers capable of supporting breadth of patient complexities and urgent care services