In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The IHealth Site Physician Leads under the joint direction of the Medical Director/Chief of Staff and the Office of the CMIO is responsible for the local site medical staff engagement, involvement, and adoption of the IHealth initiative.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the Primary Liaison for the IHealth Initiative for the site on behalf of the Medical Director/Chief of Staff
- Acting as a Communication Liaison ensuring robust medical staff communication regarding IHealth
- Engagement of Medical Staff
- Ensuring with the IHealth team that a robust engagement plan is in place and is supported with the clinically relevant and important messages
- Ensuring that Medical Staff are exposed to change through the above high level engagement, and also have the opportunity for more detailed change discussion at the department/division level
- Work with the project team to promote the virtual physician lounge, the PLAY environment, involvement in workflow reviews and simulation sessions so that physicians and ordering providers are knowledgeable and participating in pre-education change activities (specifically those that are highly clinically relevant regarding orders and results management, transitions in care and referral management)
- Work with the Provider Education and Experience team to ensure that providers are able to complete their education requirements prior to IHealth go live and are feeling confident regarding their individual readiness
- Participates in the IHealth activation at the site as the IHealth representative for the site and on behalf of the Medical Director/Chief of Staff.
- Provides medical oversight through identifying change, education, workflow or activation issues or risks and helping to mitigate those. Escalates those issues to both the IHealth team and site leadership.
- In partnership with site leadership and IHealth leadership ensures clinical requirements for successful go live and adoption are shared and understood.
- Contributes to the evaluation of the system including lessons learned, provider experience feedback, benefits evaluation and metrics with the purpose to improve the IHealth change experience.
- Acts as a champions of change through actively engaging, achieving consensus, and promoting activities to enable the success of IHealth;
- Provides demonstrations and articulate new best practice to colleagues with proficient use of the EHR
- Advises and is actively involved in meetings as it relates to IHealth such as: testing, site visits, engagement events, expert groups, leadership meetings, conferences, etc.
- Actively participates in the medical and quality governance structures of the site such as the Local Medical Advisory Committee and/or the Local Quality Governance structure.
To apply for this position, please attach your CV and letter of interest.
Celina Callaghan, Medical Staff Recruiter
- Graduation from a medical school of recognized standing with a degree of Doctor of Medicine. (For some sites, a Nurse Practitioner or Midwife credential would also qualify)
- In good standing with the appropriate college such as the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia plus a level of experience equivalent to 5 years
- Clinically active, licensed to practice medicine in the Province of BC
- Current member of the Island Health Medical staff
- Experience in working in an automated clinical environment (within an Electronic Health Record or Electronic Medical Record)
- Experience in leading change. Participating in complex, multisite or regional change initiatives is an asset.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication
- Support of the Site Chief of Staff/Medical Director
- Proficient in technology and software applications is an asset