The Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, Island Health, is seeking a part time to full time Geriatric Psychiatrist to service the aging population of the Oceanside area.
The successful candidate will enjoy collaborating with the Multidisciplinary Geriatric Specialty Services Team, including Geriatric Medicine, Nursing, Social Work and Occupational Therapy.
Based out of the modern Oceanside Health Center in Parksville, outpatient, outreach and long-term care facility consultations are efficiently organized.
There are opportunities for education and medical leadership for interested candidates.
Office space, administrative support, telephone, fax and email is provided by VIHA at no cost. Office space will be shared.
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA), including (subject to change):
- Recruitment Incentive: up to a maximum of $10,000 (pro-rated based on FTE)
- Relocation: up to a maximum of $15,000 (amount based on location relocating from)
- Flat fee: $5,318.28
- Fee Premium: 4.62%
- CME: $3,000/annum year 3-4 and $6,000/annum after 4 years in the community.
The friendly and beautiful cities of Parksville and Qualicum, collectively known as Oceanside, population approximately 48,000, are picturesque, scenic seaside communities located on the east side of central Vancouver Island.
With its temperate climate, expansive sandy beach and easy access to a host of recreational activities, Parksville/Qualicum offers an enviable West Coast lifestyle. The major centres of Nanaimo and Victoria are readily accessible via the Island Parkway, and regularly scheduled ferry, air and float plane services from Nanaimo offer easy access to Vancouver.
Oceanside Health Centre
Interested candidates, please submit your CV and letter of interest.
Christal Lawson, Medical Staff Recruiter
- Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC)
- Eligible for membership of Canadian Association of Geriatric Psychiatry (mandatory)
- Experience in collaborative, multidisciplinary, community Psychogeriatric care required
- Subspecialty qualification in Geriatric Psychiatry – obtained or to be obtained
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills