Medical Staff Governance
- Health Authority Medical Quality Committee (HAMQC) - provides advice on medical quality assurance and improvement, clinical practice guidelines and peer review
- Medical Planning and Credentials Committee (MPCC) – overseas the credentialing and reappointment process for members of the medical staff and the development of the Medical Staff Human Resources Plan
- Local Medical Advisory Committees (LMAC) - monitor the quality of medical care in a geographic area
- Continuing Professional Development Committee (CPD) - provides advice on the organization, provision and evaluation of continuing professional development for members of the medical staff. This sub-committee is currently not meeting but plans are in the works for a new reporting structure
- Legislative Committee (LC) - supports the oversight, management, evolution and revision of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Policies. This group meets as needed.
Operational Quality Governance
Quality Structures across geographies and programs ensure high standards of care and continuous quality improvement.
Clinical Governance Improvement Initiative:
A new page focused around the The Clinical Governance Improvement Initiative (CGII) which was launched in the fall of 2021. Improving clinical governance improves clinical outcomes for patients, families and care teams. The CGII Team has been listening to Island Health care teams, and they are proud to be taking meaningful steps towards clear, simple, and transparent clinical governance and accountability.