Ocean Pier Medical Centre is seeking applications from family physicians to join its family practice (full-time, part-time, flexible work options available).
Ocean Pier Medical Centre, located in downtown Sidney is a beautiful, modern, professionally managed clinic - with ocean views from almost every window! The clinic provides a full-service family practice, in association with the Saanich Peninsula Hospital (hospital coverage is optional).
With approximately 12 collegial physicians, 6 skilled MOA's/support staff (with over 65 years of combined experience), any new physician will feel supported and ready to work. The clinic operates in partnership with two in-house registered nurses who perform delegated tasks and chronic disease management for patients with regular phone communication. There are also dedicated pharmacists who provide medication reviews for patients.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (9am-5pm).
- 13 bright, well-equipped exam rooms are divided into "pods", to enable collaborative but quiet work.
- Paperless practice, using Oscar EMR for all encounter notes, billing, and scheduling.
- 25-30 patients per day.
- Inpatient coverage of your patients at Saanich Peninsula Hospital is optional.
- 70/30 overhead split for regular MSP billings. BONUS: 60/40 split on nurse billings and 60/40 split on allied health professional billings.
- Moving/relocation allowance available - please discuss with clinic!
The town of Sidney, population 11,600, located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, is approximately 20 kilometers north of British Columbia's capital, Victoria. Several elementary, middle, and secondary schools, including French immersion, are available in the area.
With its mild climate, the community is a well-known tourist destination offering pursuits ranging from exploring the Ocean Discovery Centre and a historical museum, to water-related activities such as sailing, kayaking, diving, fishing and whale watching. For those preferring to stay on land, Sidney also offers a pedestrian friendly downtown that includes coffee shops, bookstores, restaurants serving local food, and many special town events, like the Sidney Market and the Sidney Fine Arts Show.
Sidney is home to the Swartz Bay BC Ferry Terminal and the Sidney / US (Anacortes, WA) Ferry Terminal, and is in proximity to the Victoria International Airport.
Ocean Pier Medical Clinic
Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC