Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (HAMAC)
HAMAC provides advice to the Island Health Board of Directors and the CEO on:
- The provision of medical care within the facilities and programs
- The monitoring of quality and effectiveness of medical care provided within the facilities and programs
- The adequacy of medical staff resources. The continuing education of the members of the medical staff
- Planning goals for meeting the medical care needs of the population being served
- The availability and adequacy of resources to provide appropriate patient care
The standing subcommittees of the HAMAC provide the detailed information to the HAMAC:
- The Health Authority Medical Quality Committee (HAMQC) provides advice on medical quality assurance and improvement, clinical practice guidelines and peer review
- The Medical Planning and Credentials Committee (MPCC) overseas the credentialing and reappointment process for members of the medical staff and the development of the Medical Staff Human Resources Plan
- Local Medical Advisory Committees (LMAC) monitor the quality of medical care in a geographic area. (These are currently not supported by Medical Staff Governance as we do not have capacity)
- The Continuing Professional Development Committee (CPD) provides advice on the organization, provision and evaluation of continuing professional development for members of the medical staff. This sub-committee is currently not meeting but plans are in the works for a new reporting structure.
- The Legislative Committee (LC) supports the oversight, management, evolution and revision of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Policies. This group meets as needed.