Medical Staff Governance sets the accountability framework for the medical staff at Island Health. It is based on the premise that physicians’ ability to contribute to the quality and safety of Island Health initiatives is important to achieving optimal patient-care experiences and operational excellence. Our medical staffs are self-governed under the legislative framework, the medical staff rules, and the medical staff bylaws as set by the Hospital Act and Health Authorities Act respectively for Island Health.
The Medical Staff Governance Team is strategically aligned with Island Health Leadership and the Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (HAMAC). This team:
- Oversees implementation of strategic initiatives to support all aspects of medical staff governance and engagement in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws (MSB) and Medical Staff Rules (MSR), and Island Health policies and procedures
- Supports the development, implementation, and administration of the Medical Staff Department Structure
- Supports the development and administration of the Medical Staff Committee structure
- Supports the Enhanced Medical Staff Support Program (EMSS). Contact EMSS@viha.ca.
- Maianna Marquette, Coordinator
- Nicole Baker, Coordinator
The administrative team can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.