Medical Staff engagement, experience, involvement in decision-making, quality improvement, and professional development including leadership development are inextricably linked to high-performing healthcare systems with positive patient and family experiences.
Founded in June 2017, the Medical Staff Engagement and Development (M.E.D) team uses a relationship-focused approach to support active medical staff engagement by:
- Enhancing medical staff communications, collaboration and relationships among medical staff, Island Health and external partners.
- Supporting medical staff engagement in orientation, training and development including Continuing Professional Development and medical leadership orientation & development.
- Enhancing the culture of recognizing medical staff members with significant year on medical staff and those who have made significant contributions to improving healthcare delivery.
These goals are advance through out strong partnership with Island Health Portfolios: Experience, People, & Organizational Development, Communications, Quality, Safety & Improvement and external partners: Doctors of BC, Medical Staff Associations, Divisions of Family Practice and the Joint Collaborative Committees (SSC, Shared Care, GPSC, and the JSC).
Medical Staff Engagement and Development team
- Jennifer Furtado, Manager, Medical Staff Engagement & Development (Jennifer.Furtado@viha.ca) 250-370-8262
- Sara Campbell, Project Lead, Medical Staff Engagement & Development (Sara.Campbell@viha.ca) 250-755-7691 x53096
- Antoinette Picone, Coordinator, Medical Staff Engagement & Development (Antoinette.Picone@viha.ca) 250-370-8425
- Tara Martinez, Program Assistant, Medical Staff Engagement & Development (Tara.Martinez@viha.ca) 250-370-8111 x13577
- JoAnne Neustaedter, Program Assistant, Continuing Professional Development (JoAnne.Neustaedter@viha.ca) 250-739-5971
- Andrew Leyne, Advisor, Medical Staff Engagement, Communication, Planning & Partnerships (Andrew.Leyne@viha.ca) 250-370-8908
For medical staff leadership and professional development inquiries, please contact: MedStaffDevelopment@viha.ca
For medical staff recognition and communications (including medical staff website) inquiries, please contact: MedStaffEngagement@viha.ca