Posted on: January 27, 2023
Tip: Did you know that the Community Virtual Care program is available to support patient discharges? Community Virtual Care is a free, innovative Island Health program that uses remote patient monitoring, virtual visits and the telephone to support clients to better manage a range of health conditions from the comfort of their home.
Clients can self refer by calling the Community Access line for their region.
1:1 support and health monitoring is provided by registered nurses, and includes:
- Monitoring biometrics and symptoms 7 days a week.
- Helping clients recognize when to seek care from the Primary Care Provider vs when to seek Emergency Services.
- Communicating concerns and client progress back to the client's Primary Care Provider.
- Supporting clients to be proficient and confident in managing their condition.
- Collaborating care with other members of the client's health care team.
Clients are on-boarded within a week of referral (sooner for COVID-19 and Influenza clients).
Referrals can be made by care providers through the following Community Health Services pathways: local referral number, fax, and Internal CHS referrals which can be made in Paris.
For general program information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 11928 (M-F) or email email@example.com seven days a week for referral inquiries.