Quality Rounds is a place to share, promote, spread and strengthen quality strategies and initiatives and any medical staff can present. The Quality Rounds' goals are to:
1) Provide an opportunity for Island Health staff and physicians to learn and share projects, research or literature and evidenced informed practices that aim to improve quality in patient care
2) Promote Island Health’s best quality initiatives in a manner that will enable others to learn and emulate the methods in order to spread quality and improve patient care
3) Strengthen patient centered care, and develop strategies, which aim to evolve Island Health to a prospective and less reactive culture
What, where, when, how, who?
- 20 minute presentation, promoted by a Weekly article the week ahead
- 30 minute rounds WebEx teleconference every third Tuesday from 12 – 1230
- Can present or access the rounds from anywhere on the Island
- All sessions are recorded and stored on the Quality Website for folks to access whenever it fits into their busy day
- ANYONE can present! (Physicians, nurses, clinical staff, support staff, analysts, patient partners, leaders)
So…What are you proud of? Have you implemented something innovative? Could others benefit from your experience? What would you like to share or spread throughout the organization?
How to connect?
- Contact Marlene.Montgomery@viha.ca or Amy.Houston@viha.ca to book a date or ask questions
- Go to the Quality Rounds page to access previous topics.
- We are looking forward to supporting your QI initiatives!