The Specialist Services Committee’s Physician Leadership Scholarship program is now accepting applications for the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s virtual program: Finding and Creating Joy in Work!
Staring March 5 2019, this 12-week online course will provide physicians with new thinking, resources, strategies, frameworks, and solutions to help them thrive — not just survive. In order to reverse the worrying trend of physician burnout, the IHI partnered with experts around the world to create this course.
After completing this 12-week virtual course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of increasing joy in work at your organization
- Discuss key leadership behaviors that raise staff engagement and improve joy
- Discuss joy in work with staff using a "what matters to you" framing
- Identify how behaviors that increase joy in work improve patient safety and other outcomes
- Identify and test at least two changes in your organization that will lead to greater joy in work
- Identify at least two measures you can use to determine if joy in work is increasing at your organization
Step 1: How to apply for funding?
To apply for funding, please submit the attached application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship funding is available for physicians who are actively and independently practicing in BC. For this particular online course, VP medicine endorsement is not required.
In addition, if you have a department or group of physicians interested in doing this together, there is an expedited application form.
Step 2: How to register?
Once you have received a funding approval letter, you will be provided with registration information including a group discount code. As this is a virtual course the deadline for registration is March 18, 2019 (2 weeks after course start date).
If you have any additional questions about the course, please email email@example.com