Skip to main content
- The five staff members who tested positive continue to be off work and isolate at home. Some of these staff have now completed their isolation period and are close to a return to work. We look forward to welcoming these staff back to the site in a safe manner.
- All 34 patients on the Transitions unit and the three who were transferred before the outbreak was declared have been re-swabbed today to confirm their previous negative status. Results are expected later this evening or tomorrow morning.
- Island Health has two hospitalized COVID-19 patients but they are not connected to the outbreak.
- Since the outbreak was declared, over 100 patients, staff, physicians and students have been swabbed on site or at our community collection centres. To date, all of those results have been negative. More staff continue to be tested.
- For those asymptomatic staff and physicians waiting on test results, you are eligible and expected to return to the workplace unless you have been determined to be a high-risk exposure OR you are unwell.