Updated: November 18 | Please visit Island Health's flu clinic page for details on clinics within your community.
Getting a flu shot is particularly important this year, not only for influenza prevention, but to stay healthy while COVID-19 circulates in our communities.
A flu shot offers the best protection against influenza. Complications of influenza can be harmful and even deadly for patients, clients, colleagues and loved ones.
Flu shots are available between October 19 and November 13 at participating sites. Pharmacists will immunize staff at scheduled clinics, or you can access the flu vaccine through a Peer Immunizer if your unit has one.
Please note what is new this year:
- Do not go to a clinic in a facility unless you work there! Go to your home site or, if you are working remotely or in the community – get your flu shot at a public health clinic or from a community provider.
- Before you go to a staff clinic, complete the flu shot consent form and bring it with you. That will speed up processing times.
- Bring a medical/surgical mask, and make sure you are wearing it before you approach the clinic! (Clinic staff will also be masked).
- Follow the floor decals and direction signs to ensure physical distancing.
- If line-ups get too long, you will be given a window of time to return. Please follow the directions of clinic staff, who are trying to keep everyone safe.
This year, Island Health joined the provincial initiative for influenza vaccination reporting data collection.
|Please take a moment to report your flu shot/mask choice at flu.healthcarebc.ca|
- If you access the reporting website while logged on to the Island Health network, or log on to the website with your Island Health username and password (Viha\username), you will only need to enter your MSP#.
- If you access the reporting website as a guest you will need to add some basic demographic information.
Reporting helps ensure that we take the necessary precautions to help prevent our most vulnerable patients from becoming infected with the flu, thank you very much for your support.