Island Health Medical Staff COVID-19 Updates March 27
- Updated Direction from PHO on PPE
- There are actions we need to take that preserve our supplies of PPE to protect health care workers and support continuation of care (medical staff website)
- Provincial Modelling and Island Health Response
- We are beginning to see a bend in the curve but if BC’s experience is similar to Hubei, current health authorities’ plans should support projected needs. If the experience is similar to Northern Italy, BC would fully utilize all acute care sites and bed capacity off-hospital sites to enhance critical care access for those who require it (medical staff website) *viewed best in Chrome*
- Long-term Care Memo
- Updated guidelines for transfer to acute care (medical staff website).
- PHO Order: Long-Term Care Facility Staff Movement Limitation
- This Order does not apply to medical staff, however medical staff should look to minimize the number of sites they visit (PHO Order).
- Oncology Patients with Febrile Neutropenia
- Oncology patients on chemotherapy should NOT be referred to COVID-19 Testing Sites or advised to call a local cancer clinic (medical staff website).
- Revised Treatment and Medication Guidance (medical staff website)
- Provincial Health Officer/BC Government Update
- CEO/Chief Medical Health Officer Update: March 27, 2020
- Child Care for Medical Staff
The provincial government recommends contacting school principles and child care provides for urgent situations next week. As per March 27 CEO/CMHO update.
If you have any questions, please email MedStaffEngagement@viha.ca