Island Health Medical Staff COVID-19 Updates March 25
- Updated BCCDC Self-isolation Guidelines
- Symptomatic medical staff with respiratory symptoms that can be managed at home can return to their routine activities after 10 days if temperature is normal and they feel better (medical staff website)
- N95 Fit Testing Update—A Note from Dr. Chris Hall
- The first wave of testing is complete, fit testing teams will focus on surgeons, surgical assists and primary care providers who do assists for C sections, as well as some other specifically identified physician groups (medical staff website).
- Medical Imaging COVID-19 Patients
- CXR and CT are not diagnostic for COVID-19. If a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patient requires MI for another reason, please call the MI department before they arrive to allow them to prepare.
- Updated Treatment and Medication Guidance
- Updated antimicrobial medication guideline and cardiovascular medications (medical staff website).
- Maternity Care Guidelines
- Guidelines and maternity area management for PPE use (medical staff website).
- Incomplete Chart Reminders Suspended
- To reduce the volume of e-mails, we are pausing incomplete chart notifications to medical staff for the next few weeks. We appreciate the efforts medical staff members are making to keep up with their documentation during these challenging times.
- Island Health Town Hall | March 24
- Summary now available (medical staff website).
- New Patient Resources Available
- Additional patient resources for self-isolation, self-monitor and physical distancing (medical staff website).
- Provincial Health Officer/BC Government Update
- CEO/Chief Medical Health Officer Update: March 25, 2020
If you have any questions, please email MedStaffEngagement@viha.ca