Island Health Medical Staff COVID-19 Updates March 24
- COVID-19 Order Sets
- Two order sets, Treatment Adult and Possible Admission Investigations ED Lab, are now available on the intranet (log-in required). Palliative Symptom Management and AICU/Critical Care are under development and will be shared soon.
- Possible COVID-19 Exposure in Victoria
- People who attended the Sticky Wicket Bar & Restaurant in Victoria between March 5 and 15, Foxy Box on March 16, BF Beautee on March 11 and The Fix Healthcare on March 14 and 16 are being notified about possible exposure (news release)
- Metered Dose Inhaler Supply memo
- Only order MDIs for confirmed or strongly suspected COVID-19 patients so we can preserve our supply (medical staff website).
- Emergency Department Physicians to Wear Surgical Masks on Shift
- At this time, ED clinicians are supported to wear surgical masks on shift, expected to change into suitable PPE for suspected COVID-19 cases and use PPE judiciously (medical staff website).
- EHR memo
- Patient privacy changes and new COVID-19 order sets in FirstNet and PowerChart (medical staff website).
- New Doctors of BC Forum
- DoBC created an online forum for BC physicians to engage with each other to discuss innovative COVID-19 ideas and solutions (medical staff website).
- Provincial Health Officer/BC Government Update
- CEO/Chief Medical Health Officer Update: March 24, 2020
- Includes information on health care worker COVID-19 testing process (medical staff website)
If you have any questions, please email MedStaffEngagement@viha.ca