Posted on: May 23, 2023
Just one event + our closing forum to go, and there's still room to register for both!
Harm Reduction for Hardly-Reached People and Places
TUESDAY, MAY 30 | 12 - 2 P.M. PST
- Substance Drug Checking: Expanding Access across Vancouver Island through a Distributed Model (Taylor Teal, Training Developer & Facilitator, Vancouver Island Drug Checking Project)
- Substance Use Patterns Among International Students from Punjab Living in BC’s Lower Mainland (Nitasha Puri, MD CCFP(AM) dipl.ABAM FASAM, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Practice, UBC; Medical Lead, Roshni Clinic; Addiction Medicine and Substance Use Services, Fraser Health; Gurkirat Singh Nijjar, UBC Undergraduate Student, Founder Team SOUDA)
- Accessing Tablet injectable Opioid Agonist Therapy in Rural and Smaller Urban Settings in BC: Policy & Practice Implications (Geoff Bardwell, PhD; Assistant Professor School of Public Health Sciences, University of Waterloo; Research Scientist, BC Centre on Substance Use)
Closing Forum: Reflections and Future Perspectives
TUESDAY, MAY 30 | 2:30 - 4 P.M. PST
Join us to reflect on what we've heard and learned throughout the month, and be part of the conversation about the future of health research in BC.
- Moderator: Bev Holmes (PhD, C. Dir.), President and CEO of Michael Smith Health Research BC
- Thematic summaries of each event
- Health research opportunities with REACH BC (Stefanie Cheah, Manager).