The following has been sent on behalf of Dr. Stephen Hentschel, Medical Director, Surgical Services and Marlene Weeks, Operations Director SI, Surgical Services.
This is a reminder that the COVID-19 Pre-Procedure Assessment PowerForm will be activated in PowerChart on July 15, 2020 at the following sites:
- Campbell River General (CRG)
- Comox Valley Hospital (CVH)
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH)
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital (SPH)
- Victoria General Hospital (VGH)
Important: In addition to the Learning Management Systems (LMS) course information you have received, please review the attached information about how to choose and document on the correct patient record and encounter.
- COVID-19 Screening - Quick Tips
- Searching for a Single Patient Record - Quick Reference Guide
- June 24, Memo re: Implementation of COVID-19 Pre-Procedure Assessment Documentation in PowerChart
Ensure you are choosing the correct patient encounter
- Choosing the correct encounter is essential. Please review the Quick Reference Guide (QRG) titled “Searching for a Single Patient Record” for steps on how to search for and select the correct healthcare encounter after selecting the correct patient.
- If the correct encounter is not found, or if you are unsure about whether or not an encounter is correct, do not proceed with electronic screening. Reach out to your manager/supervisor for direction.
Access the form from COVID-19 Assessment page
- Accessing from the COVID-19 page will allow you to review any previous information documented
Complete the form when required using the correct section
- Make sure you are completing the correct section of the form at the correct time. The form has four sections:
- 24-72 hours prior to procedure
- Day of procedure
- Physician screening
- Final procedure team assessment
- If your area does not require physician screening and a final team assessment leave blank
Make sure to sign the form when completed
- When the appropriate section of the form is completed, use the green checkmark to sign the form
If you have specific questions, please contact Jen Duda, Manager, Surgical Quality (Jennifer.Duda@islandhealth.ca).
Dr. Hentschel and Marlene Weeks