Posted on: April 26, 2023
Medical staff are invited to join a virtual information session to learn about opportunities to be involved in decision-making with Island-wide impact.
VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSIONS:
Thursday, April 27, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Wednesday, May 3, 1 - 2 pm
The schedule and connection information is listed below, and is also available on the Clinical Governance sections of Island Health's Intranet and Medical Staff website.
Join us to learn more about:
Opportunities for point-of-care staff and medical staff to join new quality-focused governance committees called C.A.R.E. Networks
- Why Island Health has adopted a new clinical governance model
If you cannot attend a session please check out the resources listed below to learn more about clinical governance and the Expression of Interest for C.A.R.E. Network committee members.
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to us at CGII@islandhealth.ca
Thursday April 27 4:30pm-5:30pm
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 255 310 283 914
Call-In (audio only): +1 778-401-6203,,561905883#
Canada, Victoria +1 236-800-8270,,561905883#
Canada, Duncan +1 236-362-5020,,561905883#
Canada, Nanaimo +1 778-725-4725,,561905883#
Phone Conference ID: 561 905 883#
Wednesday May 3 1-2 pm
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 285 932 883 293
Call-In (audio only): +1 778-401-6203,,282836857#
Canada, Victoria +1 236-800-8270,,282836857#
Canada, Duncan +1 236-362-5020,,282836857#
Canada, Nanaimo +1 778-725-4725,,282836857#
Phone Conference ID: 282 836 857#
ABOUT THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
- The establishment of C.A.R.E. Networks is part of a larger initiative to transform Island Health's clinical governance.
- C.A.R.E. Networks will replace existing quality councils and other regional structures as appropriate.
- There are 13 C.A.R.E. Networks: Critical Care; Diagnostic Imaging; Emergency; Home & Community Care; Laboratory Medicine; Long-term Care; Medicine; Mental Health and Substance Use; Pediatrics; Perinatal, Newborn and Women's Health; Primary Care; Rehabilitative / Restorative Care and Surgery.
- Each C.A.R.E. Network will include an Operations Excellence Committee (OEC) and a Clinical Excellence Committee (CEC). These committees will include representation from medical staff, staff that reflect the scope of professions in the service, representatives from local quality and operations structures and patient partners.
- Each month members should plan to attend two meetings (two hours each) and commit one hour to preparation.
- Meeting schedules will be set out one year in advance to support advance planning.
- New administrative resources will be in place to support members and ensure effective communication between networks.
- Participation in OECs and CECs will be accommodated within existing roles.
- Current Quality Council members who would like to join C.A.R.E. Network committees must submit an Expression of Interest to be considered.
- Representatives from resource teams like finance, research and professional practice, will be assigned by their leaders to support C.A.R.E. Networks.
- A separate process will take place to identify members of Specialty Service Area committees. Current committees focused on specialty services should continue their work. SSA members do not need to respond to the EOI for their "hosting" Network (e.g. Heart Heath to Medicine).
- Review the resources listed below.
- Attend a virtual information session.
- Discuss governance opportunities with your leader and colleagues.
- Submit an Expression of Interest through Island Health's Intranet and Medical Staff website before May 10. Be sure to get the approval of your manager first.
- Contact CGII@islandhealth.ca with questions
- CGI on Medical Staff website
- Go directly to Expression of Interest form
- Expression of Interest portal
- Expression of Interest overview
- Expression of Interest Q&A
- EOI Information for Leaders
- EOI promotional poster
- C.A.R.E. Network Q&A (detailed)
- Clinical Governance Model diagram
- Interactive Clinical Governance Model
- Clinical Governance Improvement recommendations