The Medical Lead Renal, Geo 2 is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of the Renal Program initiatives and implementing our strategic plan for Central and North Island. This position reports directly to the Medical Director – Renal Services.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Additional specific deliverables are as follows:
- Support expanded services to renal patients living in underserved areas. Specifically to facilitate the opening and successful functioning of the Kidney Care Clinic in Campbell River, with outreach clinics in the Comox Valley (2020-2021).
- Represent the Division of Nephrology at the Nanaimo LMAC
- Attend and contribute to the following Renal Program Committees
- Quality and Operations
- Growth Planning
- contribute to other ad hoc renal program committees and/or projects as appropriate
Central and North Vancouver Island
Interested candidates please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff