- 8 physician group clinic on Intrahealth EMR for almost 10 years
- A Family practice with older adult care but some children and infants
- Nursing home patients as well
- Hospital care available but not required (about 50 % of the local family practice physicians are still providing in hospital care continuity)
- OB can be available but not required
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including:
Recruitment Incentive - $10,000; Fee Premium - 6.93%; Annual Flat Fee - $6,968; Rural CME starting at $2,200/annum in years 3 & 4 in the community, increasing to a maximum of $4,400/annum after 4 years
Between April and October
Beautiful growing community with many recreational opportunities (boat, ski, hike, fish, golf) but also many community theatre groups and festivals.
New 150+ bed hospital with all the core specialties such as Orthopedics, Internal Medicine (Intensivist, Respirology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology and part time Neurology), Urology, OB/Gynecology, Midwives, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- Active Division of Family practice in the community and Physician Society in the hospital
- Local airport with West jet and Air Canada connections
- Many employment opportunities for family members
- 3 High schools and many elementary schools
Courtenay Medical Associates
Dr. Desmond Konway
201 - 1350 England Ave.
Courtenay, BC V9N 8X6
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - desired