The South Island Division of Family Practice (SIDFP) and Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) are seeking progressive physicians who are interested in working in this team based care model in the region immediately west of Victoria, known as the Western Communities (encompassing Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
This is an opportunity to join one of the clinics par-taking in the initiative, and help influence an emerging, local team-based care model, supported by physician colleagues, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, with access to mental health and substance use clinicians.
Physicians working within Primary Care Networks will be remunerated through ‘Service Contracts’, which will be administered by the regional health authority; however, practitioners engaged through these contracts will be independent contractors. Recruitment is initially targeted to family practitioners who do not currently have a patient panel in the geography.
The position is remunerated by a clinic service contract, and requires the GP work a minimum 1680 hours and 220 days per year (pro-rated for part time positions), providing for great flexibility in establishing your work/life balance. The Service Contract rates are competitively set and increase over the term of the three year contract.
Colwood Medical Treatment Centre is seeking family practitioners to join the clinic as soon as possible.
- Colwood Medical Treatment Centre is a busy multi-physician group practice, comprised of 7 family practitioners, and supported by 6 wonderful MOAs.
- Both primary care & walk-in components to this clinic.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm & Saturday 8:00am - 1:00pm.
Flexible work schedule available.
- Pharmacy located right next door. No narcotics are kept on site or prescribed through the clinic.
- 5 examination rooms & a fantastic surgical room fully equipped to handle emergencies, sutures, etc. All staff are fully trained on emergency procedures.
- Med Access EMR.
- 40+ patients seen per day - young families, elderly patients, WCB patients, etc.
- On-call required.
- ER, hospital work, obstetrics, residential care & surgical assists not required.
- House calls & palliative care optional if desired.
- FREE parking facilities on-site.
Position Start Date: TBD
The Westshore encompasses the communities of Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, the Highlands, Esquimalt/View Royal and the Juan the Fuca Coast, in addition to the First Nations of Esquimalt, Songhees, and Scia’new. Population is approximately 94,000 with an average age of 39.7 years.
A waterfront community, the Westshore features a rich heritage and a unique connection to nature. A short drive into the downtown Victoria core, and an overall lower cost of living, the Westshore is a great choice to live and work.
Cycle or walk the famous Galloping Goose Regional Trail, which winds through 55 picturesque kilometres of the Westshore, or discover the surrounding lakes (Langford Lake, Glen Lake and Florence Lake) and hike Mount Finlayson, Mount Wells and Goldstream Provincial Park.
Colwood is situated just 10 miles from BC’s capital city of Victoria, with a population of approximately 17,000. In addition to the Galloping Goose Regional Trail, Colwood enjoys the benefits of an efficient transit system and quick access to Vancouver and all points international via Victoria’s International Airport and the BC Ferries. Colwood gained recognition as an official Canadian Solar City, becoming one of the most sustainable cities in the world!
It is in proximity to Victoria General Hospital, which serves Vancouver Island with its specialty services.
Colwood Medical Treatment Centre - Colwood
Interested candidates, please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator