The Victoria General Hospital Emergency Medical Lead is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. Working along with the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Leads works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and providers) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of services at the Victoria General Hospital. This position reports to the Medical Site Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery in collaboration with the IHealth team and the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
This position will also be expected to provide leadership under the following Island Health Leadership domains:
- Leads Self
- Engages Others
- Achieves Results
- Develops Coalitions
- Systems Transformation
Role specific capabilities for these leadership domains is available upon request.
Victoria General Hospital
Christal Lawson, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Current Member of the Island Health Medical Staff