The South Island Division of Family Practice (SIDFP) and Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) are seeking progressive physicians who are interested in working in this team based care model in the region immediately west of Victoria, known as the Western Communities (encompassing Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
This is an opportunity to join one of the clinics par-taking in the initiative, and help influence an emerging, local team-based care model, supported by physician colleagues, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, with access to mental health and substance use clinicians.
Physicians working within Primary Care Networks will be remunerated through ‘Service Contracts’, which will be administered by the regional health authority; however, practitioners engaged through these contracts will be independent contractors. Recruitment is initially targeted to family practitioners who do not currently have a patient panel in the geography.
The position is remunerated by a clinic service contract, and requires the GP work a minimum 1680 hours and 220 days per year (pro-rated for part time positions), providing for great flexibility in establishing your work/life balance. The Service Contract rates are competitively set and increase over the term of the three year contract.
Eagle Creek Medical Clinic is seeking family practitioners to join the clinic as soon as possible.
- Eagle Creek Medical Clinic is a busy multi-physician group practice.
- Clinic spaced is physician leased.
- Both primary care & walk-in components to this clinic.
- Great clinic for a physician to start a family practice in a new, bright, well equipped clinic.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm; Saturdays 10:00am - 4:00pm. Flexible work schedule available.
- 4 part-time and 4 full-time physicians practice at the clinic, in addition to walk-in clinic physicians.
- Physicians are supported by a wonderful team of 7 full-time & 3 part-time MOAs, plus a Registered Nurse/Office Manager and a Social worker.
- OSCAR EMR.
- 10 examinations rooms, plus 1 treatment room.
- 25-30 patients seen per day in primary care, and 40+ during 6 hour walk-in shifts.
- The clinic has a diverse group of patients from young families to seniors.
- No ER required.
- On-call required.
- Hospital work, obstetrics, surgical assists are optional if desired.
- House calls, residential care, palliative care are optional if desired.
- FREE parking facilities on-site.
Position Start Date: TBD
View Royal, located across the Johnston Street and Point Ellice bridges from downtown Victoria enjoys a rich history. A gateway between Victoria's urban core and the growing West Shore municipalities, View Royal is a vibrant community. Since its incorporation in 1988, View Royal is home to over 10,400 residents and is continuing to grow.
The Esquimalt First Nation, a Coast Salish indigenous people, have occupied View Royal since time immemorial. Many more recent historic sites can also be found in View Royal including the Four Mile Pub, the oldest continuously operating pub in BC founded in 1855.
View Royals' town center is a 3 minute walk from the shoreline with sandy beaches and small caves known for marine life. These beaches, beautiful year round, are a hidden gem for locals, tourists and visitors.
View Royal is home to Victoria General Hospital, which serves Vancouver Island with its specialty services.
Eagle Creek Medical Clinic - View Royal
Interested candidates, please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator