The South Island Division of Family Practice (SIDFP) and Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) are seeking progressive physicians who are interested in working in this team based care model in the region immediately west of Victoria, known as the Western Communities (encompassing Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
This is an opportunity to join one of the clinics par-taking in the initiative, and help influence an emerging, local team-based care model, supported by physician colleagues, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, with access to mental health and substance use clinicians.
Physicians working within Primary Care Networks will be remunerated through ‘Service Contracts’, which will be administered by the regional health authority; however, practitioners engaged through these contracts will be independent contractors. Recruitment is initially targeted to family practitioners who do not currently have a patient panel in the geography.
The position is remunerated by a clinic service contract, and requires the GP work a minimum 1680 hours and 220 days per year (pro-rated for part time positions), providing for great flexibility in establishing your work/life balance. The Service Contract rates are competitively set and increase over the term of the three year contract.
Drs. Keeler, Young & McLurg is seeking family practitioners to join the clinic as soon as possible.
- Drs. Keeler, Young & McLurg is a physician owned group practice, comprised of a welcoming team of 3 physicians, supported by 3 skilled and friendly MOAs.
- The clinic does not operate a walk-in clinic, however does book same day appointments for their own patients, when they call at 0900 daily.
- 2 of the 3 clinic physicians provide consulting sport medicine to the community as a small part of their practices, and are involved in local and national teams. All three physicians are experienced (over 20 years each) and have established excellent collegial relationships with many specialists and programs in the community, including the South Island Division of Family Practice.
- There are 4 other family practitioner clinics in the building (1 specializing in women's health and 2 in maternity), as well as a large psychologist clinic, dentist, lawyer, coffee shop and very helpful compounding pharmacy.
- Teaching opportunities - both medical students and residents, are available (and an excellent source of locums).
- The office is a stone's throw from the E&N Rail Trail, a lovely commuter bike trail. The clinic is situated just 5 minutes from Thetis Lake, for lunch hour runs/swims in the summer.
- On-site shower facilitates.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Flexible work schedule available.
- Oscar EMR.
- 4 examination rooms.
- 25-30 patients seen per day.
- Patient population is varied. Lots of young families in the community - approx. 36,000 unattached patients.
- No ER or on-call required.
- Hospital, obstetrics & surgical assists are optional if desired.
- House calls, palliative care & residential care are optional if desired.
- FREE parking on-site, plus covered bike racks.
Position Start Date: TBD
View Royal, located across the Johnston Street and Point Ellice bridges from downtown Victoria enjoys a rich history. A gateway between Victoria's urban core and the growing West Shore municipalities, View Royal is a vibrant community. Since its incorporation in 1988, View Royal is home to over 10,400 residents and is continuing to grow.
The Esquimalt First Nation, a Coast Salish indigenous people, have occupied View Royal since time immemorial. Many more recent historic sites can also be found in View Royal including the Four Mile Pub, the oldest continuously operating pub in BC founded in 1855.
View Royals' town center is a 3 minute walk from the shoreline with sandy beaches and small caves known for marine life. These beaches, beautiful year round, are a hidden gem for locals, tourists and visitors.
View Royal is home to Victoria General Hospital, which serves Vancouver Island with its specialty services.
Drs. Keeler, Young & McLurg - View Royal
Interested candidates, please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator