The South Island Division of Family Practice (SIDFP) and Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) are seeking progressive physicians who are interested in working in this team based care model in the region immediately west of Victoria, known as the Western Communities (encompassing Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
This is an opportunity to join one of the clinics par-taking in the initiative, and help influence an emerging, local team-based care model, supported by physician colleagues, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, with access to mental health and substance use clinicians.
Physicians working within Primary Care Networks will be remunerated through ‘Service Contracts’, which will be administered by the regional health authority; however, practitioners engaged through these contracts will be independent contractors. Recruitment is initially targeted to family practitioners who do not currently have a patient panel in the geography.
The position is remunerated by a clinic service contract, and requires the GP work a minimum 1680 hours and 220 days per year (pro-rated for part time positions), providing for great flexibility in establishing your work/life balance. The Service Contract rates are competitively set and increase over the term of the three year contract.
Esquimalt Medical Clinic is seeking family practitioners to join the clinic as soon as possible.
- The Esquimalt Medical Clinic is a group practice, comprised of an adaptable, knowledgeable, and upbeat team who are foremost passionate about the care of their patients.
- Clinic spaced is physician leased.
- Both primary care & walk-in components to this clinic.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Flexible work schedule available.
- 1 full-time & 3 part-time family practitioners practice at the clinic, plus a walk-in clinic roster.
- Work is supported by 3 MOAs, and a Clinic Manager.
- Pharmacy next door.
- Intrahealth EMR.
- 2 examination rooms per physician. Naturally-lit modern interior.
- Dedicated computer for physician use, with wireless, high-speed internet.
- 35-40 patients seen per day.
- Diverse patient population.
- No ER required.
- On-call required.
- Hospital work, obstetrics, surgical assists, house calls, residential care & palliative care are optional if desired.
- FREE parking facilities on-site.
Position Start Date: TBD
The Township of Esquimalt is a municipality at the southern tip of Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, with a population of approximately 17,655. It is bordered to the east by the provincial capital, Victoria, to the south by the Strait of Juan de Fuca, to the west by Esquimalt Harbour and Royal Roads, to the northwest by the New Songhees 1A Indian reserve and the town of View Royal, and to the north by a narrow inlet of water called the Gorge, across which is the district municipality of Saanich.
The township boots stunning seafronts, incomparable parks, urban-design waterways and a rich history. Esquimalt is home to the Pacific fleet of the Royal Canadian Navy.
It is in proximity to Victoria General Hospital, which serves Vancouver Island with its specialty services.
Esquimalt Medical Clinic – Esquimalt
Interested candidates, please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator