The South Island Division of Family Practice (SIDFP) and Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) are seeking progressive physicians who are interested in working in this team based care model in the region immediately west of Victoria, known as the Western Communities (encompassing Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
This is an opportunity to join one of the clinics par-taking in the initiative, and help influence an emerging, local team-based care model, supported by physician colleagues, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, with access to mental health and substance use clinicians.
Physicians working within Primary Care Networks will be remunerated through ‘Service Contracts’, which will be administered by the regional health authority; however, practitioners engaged through these contracts will be independent contractors. Recruitment is initially targeted to family practitioners who do not currently have a patient panel in the geography.
The position is remunerated by a clinic service contract, and requires the GP work a minimum 1680 hours and 220 days per year (pro-rated for part time positions), providing for great flexibility in establishing your work/life balance. The Service Contract rates are competitively set and increase over the term of the three year contract.
West Coast Family Medical Clinic is seeking family practitioners to join the clinic as soon as possible.
- West Coast Family Medical Clinic is a regional trailblazer as a well-functioning multidisciplinary group practice.
- Clinic space is physician leased.
- Both primary care & walk-in components to this clinic.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm.
Flexible work schedule available.
- Modern, efficient, well equipped clinic with a dynamic team, comprised of; 8 full-time physicians, 1 registered nurse, 1 social worker, 1 dietitian and 9 MOAs, as well as visiting specialists.
- Collaborative and supportive clinic with medical students and residents present.
- Physicians in the group have organized outreach clinics at the local high school and T’sou-ke Nation, as well as a palliative care program.
- MedAccess EMR.
- 16 examination rooms (with computers).
- 25-35 patients seen per day.
- Patient population - community based care, broad demographic seen.
- No ER required.
- On-call, house calls, palliative care & residential care required - typically light & manageable over the phone.
- Hospital work, obstetrics, surgical assists are optional if desired.
- FREE parking facilities on-site.
Position Start Date: TBD
The heart of this West Coast community lies 40km from downtown Victoria and 30km from the nearest Hospital, Victoria General Hospital. T’Souke and Pacheedaht First Nations are located within this broad geography. “Where the Rainforest Meets the Sea” – Elida Peers, historian.
Sooke has a population of approximately 15,600, with an average age of 40.4 years.
Sooke’s popularity as a scenic tourist destination has existed for generations. A vibrant art community, Sooke attracts people for its lifestyle. Spectacular wilderness parks and beaches, the West Coast Trail, Juan de Fuca Provincial Park, and the now highly popular Juan de Fuca Marine Trail, are just some of the attractions to the area.
Sooke is a destination for surfing magnificent waves, mountain biking and back country recreation, hobby fishing and more!
West Coast Family Medical Clinic – Sooke
Interested candidates, please attach your CV, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for 3 referees.
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator