The West Coast Family Medical Clinic (group practice) in beautiful Sooke is seeking locum physician support (full-time or part-time / short-term or long-term).
The clinic is a regional trailblazer as a well-functioning multidisciplinary clinic, with social work, dietician, and chronic disease management nurse on site. Funding for several nurses in practice has also just been confirmed. Physicians in the group have organized outreach clinics at the local high school and T’sou-ke Nation, as well as a palliative care program.
This is an exciting opportunity for a physician to take on a very well organized, medium sized and varied panel, providing for a great work/life balance. Plan your clinic day around the surf, mountain biking, hiking and more!
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm.
- Modern, efficient, well equipped clinic with a dynamic team, comprised of; 8 full-time physicians, 1 registered nurse, 1 social worker, 1 dietitian and 9 MOAs, as well as visiting specialists.
- Low overhead costs - physicians are part of a cost sharing agreement that maximizes autonomy and flexibility, and supports work-life balance.
- Collaborative and supportive clinic with medical students and residents present.
- 16 examination rooms (with computers).
- MedAccess EMR.
- 70/30 split MSP, 90/10 private billings.
- Average daily patient volume - 25 to 35.
- Optional home visits; home calls for palliative and residential care patients are light, and typically manageable over the phone.
- Obstetrics, in-patient care, and surgical assists optional.
- No ER required.
As soon as possible
A 45 minute drive from Victoria, Sooke's popularity as a scenic tourist destination has existed for generations. Situated directly on the coast of the Salish Sea with a stunning view of the Olympic Mountains, the area's popularity has increased as a base for visiting the wilderness parks of Vancouver Island's southwest coast — the West Coast Trail and the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail.
West Coast Family Medical Clinic
Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
Obstetrics Experience - desired