The Victoria Palliative Care Physicians Group has a 0.7 FTE long-term locum opportunity (six to 12 months) starting August 1, 2019 for a palliative care physician working primarily in the community setting.
Description of role:
- Provision of home visit palliative care consults within the Greater Victoria area (driver’s license and car are required)
- Physician guidance for the Victoria Hospice Palliative Response Team (PRT)
- Occasional cross-coverage of the other palliative care services as schedule requires, including acute care consults, outpatient clinic, and MRP coverage of an inpatient 17-bed combined hospice and acute palliative care unit
- Participation in the on-call schedule proportional to FTE
- Teaching and supervision of medical learners (requires appointment with UBC)
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic Capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, Victoria offers an opportunity to combine a rewarding career with a satisfying lifestyle.
Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing, sailing, kayaking and cycling. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Strong public schools are complemented by multiple renowned private schools in and adjacent to Victoria.
All expressions of interest will be confidential.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Dr. Susan J.(Jody) Anderson at Susan.email@example.com
The successful candidate will have completed a year of added competency program in palliative medicine, will have acquired the Certificate of Added Competence (CAC) through the College of Family Physicians of Canada, or have a minimum of four years of palliative care consultant experience. Eligibility for full medical licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia is required, and preference will be given to candidates certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Canada.