The Site Medical Director & Chief of Staff, Campbell River Hospital is a leadership position with two functions: As Site Medical Director, the position works in a co-leadership model with the Site Director to ensure integrated, high quality service delivery within the site. As Chief of Staff, the position links directly with Department Heads and Division Heads to monitor and enhance medical governance within the site. This position reports to a Medical Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads and oversees activities to ensure program service delivery is efficient, effective and integrated across Island Health sites; Links with appropriate Departmental Medical Leaders to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
2. Operations & Quality: Establishes processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors program budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Ensures appropriate investigation and resolution of program-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Co-develops and implements change management plans to engage and support physicians and staff through change
4. Informatics: Oversees activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health record (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates program resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
As soon as possible
Campbell River Hospital
Sheila Leversidge, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Fax: (250) 716-7747
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff