Full-service family practice in a well established clinic in the community of Chemainus. The position includes the ability to provide support to the Urgent Care Centre (UCC) which is seeing an average of 35 patients per day. As well, there is a 75 bed long term care (LTC) facility attached to UCC across the street from clinic office. MOCAP and REEF included with UCC work. Clinc is also a teaching center for second year family medicine residents for their 8 week rural rotation. In addition, the position also offers the following if desired: hospital privileges, Emergency Department coverage, doctor of the day program, maternity care.
Hours of Work
Clinic hours 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Urgent care hours 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (1 in 5 call)
Overhead: Fixed and variable formula based on number of patients seen.
Clinic has an associate/practice agreement in place
Start date: Summer 2023
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA), including (subject to change):
- Recruitment Incentive: up to a maximum of $10,000 (pro-rated based on FTE)
- Relocation: up to a maximum of $15,000 (amount based on location relocating from)
- Flat fee: $4,834.80
- Fee Premium: 4.20%
- CME: $2,200/annum year 3-4 and $4,400/annum after 4 years in the community.
Chemainus is a small town located on the waterfront 30 minutes south of Nanaimo, and one hour north of Victoria. There is one doctor's office located above a pharmacy across from the UCC and LTC facility. Plenty of recreational opportunities, schools, facilities, and a reasonable cost of living.
Chemainus Medical Clinic
Medical Staff Recruiter
- Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or CARE course
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency Experience