Eagle Creek Medical Clinic (ECMC) in View Royal (Victoria) BC, is now seeking a full-time Family Physician (eligible for CCFP) to join our group on or after April 15th, 2022 in longitudinal community practice.
Two of our Family Physicians (husband and wife) are closing their Fee-for-Service Family Practice’s completely on April 15th, 2022. The current make-up of each practice is:
- Practice #1 is 1522 patients. 4 full days per week. Total billings of $348K (before overhead)
- Practice #2 is 1441 patients. 4 full days per week. Total billings of $375K (before overhead)
The successful applicant will join our turnkey group practice as a full-time physician and build a practice panel from the more elderly and complex patients of these two practices (~1500 patients). Expected yearly billings should range between $400-500K. Split is 70:30, but can be negotiated to 75:25 if the physician is willing to work from home (via Telehealth) a couple of days per week.
Highlights of the Clinic / Position
- Eagle Creek Medical Clinic is a new facility (2016) that recently underwent a major expansion in 2020 (4500 square feet with 17 exam rooms).
- The clinic is centrally located and adjacent to the Victoria General Hospital. It is attached to a pharmacy and within the new Eagle Creek Village complex (good parking, multiple restaurants on site, Quality Foods, etc…).
- The clinic is part of the Western Communities Primary Care Network (PCN). We have an onsite RN and SW. Our EMR is OSCAR. We have an excellent management and MOA team as well as physician peer mentorship.
- We are a major teaching clinic, with four of our physicians holding Clinical Faculty positions through UBC.
- The incoming physician (unless he/she wants to) is not expected to do maternity care, ER/hospitalist coverage, or Long-Term Care. Our community clinic is strictly Mon-Friday and open from 8-6PM (clinics can be run any time during these hours).
- We have an excellent call group, shared with our sister clinic. Call is one month per year and typically not onerous (e.g., 10-15 phone calls per month).
- There may be an opportunity for the successful applicant to be trained in and practice some side cosmetic Botox® or fillers at the clinic as well (see: victoriabotoxclinic.com). Alternatively, shifts on our innovative High Complexity Care Team (via an Alternative Funding Model) may also be available.
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your medical career and create the kind of lifestyle only dreamt about. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Eagle Creek Medical Clinic
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail their CV’s to the Medical Director, Dr. Matthew Ward: Matthew.Norman.Ward@gmail.com
Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
Eligible for CCFP