The Medical Director Renal services is a co-leadership position that shares responsibility for ensuring high quality renal services. With the respective Co-Leader, the Medical Director works proactively with others (including patients) to ensure continuous quality improvement of service delivery. This position reports to both the Executive Medical Director and Executive Director for Surgical services.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads and oversees activities to ensure program service delivery is efficient, effective and integrated across Island Health sites; Links with appropriate Departmental Medical Leaders to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Establishes processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors program budget and performance jointly with co-leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Ensures appropriate investigation and resolution of program-related Patient Safety Learning System and Patient Care Quality Office events.
- Change Management: Co-develops and implements change management plans to engage and support physicians and staff through change
- Informatics: Oversees activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the Electronic Health Records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates program resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Medical Staff Recruiter
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff