Exciting opportunity for a family practice physician to join an attractive, well run clinic on Salt Spring Island. More recently this clinic has run as a solo practice; however, in the past, the clinic had two physicians sharing the four spacious exam rooms.
Most physicians in practice on Salt Spring have three or four days of clinic and see a diverse range of patients with a population that tends to skew older than provincial and regional averages. In addition to family practice clinic, physicians are expected to provide acute care services for the Lady Minto Hospital (a 20 bed acute care facility with 24/7/365 ER coverage) as well as to residential care facilities with a cumulative total of 80 beds. Family physicians are responsible for their own in-patients during the week with shared coverage on weekends. Additionally, community family physicians are responsible for sharing ER call with most doing between three and five 12 hour shifts per month.
Salt Spring physicians have created outstanding CME opportunities ranging from local delivery of programs like CASTED to custom developed Dermoscopy training, and some of the best ongoing ER and inpatient training available in a rural setting in BC.
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA), including (subject to change):
- Recruitment Incentive: up to a maximum of $10,000 (pro-rated based on FTE)
- Relocation: up to a maximum of $15,000 (amount based on location relocating from)
- Flat fee: $9,186.12
- Fee Premium: 7.98%
- CME: $2,200/annum year 3-4 and $4,400/annum after 4 years in the community.
As soon as possible
Salt Spring Island (approx 10,000 population) is nestled against the east shore of Vancouver
Island located halfway between Victoria and Nanaimo with excellent ferry and seaplane
This is an exceptional opportunity to work and live in an area that provides a relaxed lifestyle
in a temperate climate with excellent year-round recreation and cultural amenities including
but not limited to:
• A large artistic community with a variety of classes, exhibits and performances;
• Outstanding recreational opportunities – sailing, kayaking, hiking, soccer, swimming,
baseball, tennis and golf included;
• K-12 education available on island
• Performing arts center, indoor pool, galleries, shopping and a small community movie
• Rural environment providing opportunities for hobby farming or access to locally grown
produce and farm products.
To learn more about our community please visit the following links:
Salt Spring Tourism
Salt Spring Island Chamber of Commerce
For Everything that’s Community Health – Salt Spring
Private Practice - Dr. Ron Reznick
Dr. Ron Reznick
- Full Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- Hospital privileges required
- Emergency experience desired
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) desired
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) desired
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) desired