Island Health has exciting opportunities for Nurse Practitioners to work in Victoria's newest Urgent and Primary Care Center - Gorge UPCC, which opened in September 2022.
Large group of Family Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners in team-based care:
- Join a team of primary care providers and other allied health staff that collectively deliver integrated team-based care to patients.
Turn-key operation in Victoria BC:
- Located in beautiful Victoria, the UPCC is a bright new clinic, offering turn-key operation.
Group clinical service contract with competitive rates:
- If you are a Nurse Practitioner looking to achieve a healthy work-life balance, and have income security while establishing your practice on beautiful Vancouver Island, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Island Health looks forward to supporting primary care providers and the health care team to provide innovative primary care services that are at the forefront of primary care improvement in BC. Modeled after best practices, primary care providers will have the opportunity to optimize data from the clinic information system to improve patient care.
There is a requirement to establish a minimum panel and, in some of our clinics, participate in urgent care. As the most responsible primary care provider, after hours’ care for patients is inherent in the services. The Nurse Practitioner will participate in an after-hours call group, sharing after-hours coverage with other primary care providers (Family Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners) at the clinic.
Additional Information: Multiple Part Time or Full Time positions available (0.5-1FTE)
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic capital is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your medical career and create the kind of lifestyle only dreamt about. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing. With its temperate climate, rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, Victoria provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Please send CV and letter of interest to:
Medical Staff Recruiter
- Experienced primary care providers capable of supporting breadth of patient complexities and urgent care services
- Eligible for full licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain Provisional Privileges at Victoria General and Royal Jubilee Hospitals