Island Health has exciting opportunities for Nurse Practitioners (NPs) to work in the Victoria area at North Quadra Urgent and Primary Care Center (NQUPCC). Eligible NPs are those who do not have a patient panel.
Large group of Family Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners in team based care:
- Join a team of primary care providers and other allied health staff that collectively deliver culturally safe integrated team based comprehensive and urgent primary care. Patient visits will consist of scheduled longitudinal full service and same day primary care patient visits. The NP will provide most services onsite but will also have the opportunity to provide virtual longitudinal care remotely.
Turn-key operation in Victoria BC:
- Located in beautiful Victoria, the North Quadra UPCC is a bright new clinic, offering turn-key operation.
Group clinical service contract with competitive rates:
- If you are a Nurse Practitioner looking to achieve a healthy work-life balance, and have income security while establishing your practice on beautiful Vancouver Island, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Island Health looks forward to supporting primary care providers and the health care team at this alternative payment site to provide innovative primary care services that are at the forefront of primary care improvement in BC. Modeled after best practices, primary care providers will have the opportunity to optimize data from the clinic information system to improve patient care.
There is a requirement to establish a minimum panel for a diverse patient population. Initial attachment will focus on patients with complex care needs who have a strong need for a primary care provider. As a group of primary care providers, the NP will work in the onsite urgent primary care service, and also admit and follow longitudinal patients of NQUPCC at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital.
As soon as possible
Part-time available (0.5 - 0.6 FTE)
NPs are expected to schedule shifts with their colleagues to ensure coverage for all clinic hours:
◾ Longitudinal care: Monday – Friday 08:00-20:00 with shifts 07:30 – 15:30 and 13:00 – 21:00, and Saturday 08:00-14:30 with shift 07:30 – 15:30
◾ Urgent care shifts: 07:30-21:00 to cover clinic that is open 08:00 – 20:00 365 days/year
◾ After hours care for patients attached to practitioner is inherent in the services.
◾ Member of on-call group; expected call rotation
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your medical career and create the kind of lifestyle only dreamt about. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing. With its temperate climate, rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, Victoria provides the very best of urban and rural living.
North Quadra Urgent and Primary Care Centre
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter.
Medical Staff Recruiter
Experienced primary care providers capable of supporting breadth of patient complexities and urgent care services
- Full licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Eligible for Provisional privileges at Saanich Peninsula Hospital