The South Island Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry of Island Health are seeking either a full-time or two part-time Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists or General/Adult Psychiatrists with demonstrated interest in Child and Adolescent psychiatry to provide the following services:
- Psychiatric consultation to the emergency department and Pediatric Inpatient Unit at VGH
- Psychiatric management including pharmacotherapy of Mental Health and Substance Use conditions for children and youth admitted to the pediatric unit.
- Collaboration with the mental health crisis team, pediatricians, emergency department physicians and other care team providers.
- Attendance at Quality meetings
- May also participate in the Urgent Consult Clinic
Participation in the Child and Youth Mental Health on-call group is a requirement. This is a MOCAP funded Call Group and includes call for the Queen Alexandra Ledger site and the Victoria General Hospital Emergency and inpatient wards for children and youth presenting with MHSU crisis. Call frequency is determined by the number of Psychiatrists on the call schedule.
As this is a teaching facility the candidate will be expected to obtain a clinical teaching appointment from UBC and be involved in the training of medical students and Psychiatry Residents.
This position can be combined with other Island Health Child and Adolescent Psychiatry opportunities to create an exciting employment opportunity that is tailored to a candidate’s interests and skill set. Please inquire to discuss.
No office overhead
As soon as possible
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, this is an ideal place to pursue your medical career and create the kind of lifestyle only dreamt about. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living.
Victoria General Hospital
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV.
Christal Lawson, Medical Staff Recruiter
- Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC)
- Eligible for licensure with FRCPC in General Psychiatry with demonstrated interest in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - required
- Specialized training and experience in Child Psychiatry - desired
- Experience and training in comprehensive psychiatry services, and skills and experience in multidisciplinary, collaborative care and stepped care models.
- Leadership experience and training will be considered an asset.
- Capacity and interest to build relationships with the other services/staff.