The Medical Director of Pharmacy is a co-leadership position that shares responsibility for ensuring high quality health services. With the respective Co-Leader, the Medical Director works proactively with others (including patients) to ensure continuous quality improvement of service delivery. This position reports to both an Executive Medical Director and an Executive Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads with the Director of Pharmacy and oversees activities to ensure program service delivery is efficient, effective and integrated across Island Health sites; Links with appropriate Departmental Medical Leaders to address matters of therapeutic stewardship and safety.
2. Operations & Quality: Establishes processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors program budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Ensures appropriate investigation and resolution of program-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Co-develops and implements change management plans to engage and support physicians and staff through change
4. Informatics: Oversees activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates program resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
1) Co-Chair, with the Director, the Therapeutic Stewardship and Safety Quality Committee
2) Engage in development of analytic tools for clinicians to explore therapeutic utilization and stewardship
3) Develop, in collaboration with pharmacy clinical services, a practice model of collaborative practise for prescribers and clinical pharmacists, and test the model.
As soon as possible
Jennifer Lindley, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Fax: (250) 716-7747
Current member in good standing of the Island Health Active Medical Staff