The Medical Lead Surgery is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of surgical services at the Victoria General Hospital. This position reports to a Site/Medical Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
2. Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
4. Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Additional specific deliverables are available upon request from the Medical Staff Recruitment Office.
As soon as possible
Victoria General Hospital
Melissa Allen, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff