The Medical Lead MHSU Case Management & Rehabilitation, Geo 4 is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement services. This position reports to the Site Medical Director MHSU, Geo 4.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Victoria, British Columbia’s scenic Capital, is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and enviable quality of life, Victoria offers an opportunity to combine a rewarding career with a satisfying lifestyle. Few areas in the world can match BC’s scope of outdoor activities, with Vancouver Island offering everything from skiing and snowboarding, to golf, and world-class fishing, sailing, kayaking and cycling. With Victoria’s temperate climate, its rich heritage and vibrant cultural scene, it provides the very best of urban and rural living. Strong public schools are complemented by multiple renowned private schools in and adjacent to Victoria.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and letter of interest to:
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff