The Medical Director Campbell River is a co-leadership position that shares responsibility for ensuring high quality health services. With the respective Co-Leader, the Medical Director works proactively with others (including patients) to ensure continuous quality improvement of service delivery. This position reports to both an Executive Medical Director and an Executive Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads and oversees activities to ensure program service delivery is efficient, effective and integrated across Island Health sites; Links with appropriate Departmental Medical Leaders to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
2. Operations & Quality: Establishes processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors program budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Ensures appropriate investigation and resolution of program-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Co-develops and implements change management plans to engage and support physicians and staff through change
4. Informatics: Oversees activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates program resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Additional specific deliverables are available from the Medical Staff Recruitment office upon request.
As soon as possible
Jennifer Lindley, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Fax: (250) 716-7747
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff