The Medical Director Campbell River is a co-leadership position that shares responsibility for ensuring high quality health services. With the respective Co-Leader, the Medical Director works proactively with others (including patients) to ensure continuous quality improvement of service delivery. This position reports to both an Executive Medical Director and an Executive Director.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads and oversees activities to ensure program service delivery is efficient, effective and integrated across Island Health sites; Links with appropriate Departmental Medical Leaders to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
2. Operations & Quality: Establishes processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors program budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Ensures appropriate investigation and resolution of program-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Co-develops and implements change management plans to engage and support physicians and staff through change
4. Informatics: Oversees activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates program resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Additional specific deliverables are available from the Medical Staff Recruitment office upon request.
As soon as possible
The beautiful oceanfront city of Campbell River, population 40,000, is located at mid-point on Vancouver Island’s east coast. The surrounding waters of Discovery Passage, and adjacent numerous lakes and rivers, offer an idyllic setting for outdoor enthusiasts. With a growing trend to eco-travel tours, Campbell River is ideally located to service the Desolation Sound traffic and the popular Broughton and Queen Charlotte Islands. It is a family-friendly community with affordable housing and has easy access to the outdoors – hiking, mountain biking, skiing, boating and fishing are at your doorstep.
Enjoy year-round access to world-class golf courses or visit Mt. Washington Resort for spectacular winter skiing and summer mountain biking. The Campbell River municipal airport is a mere 10 minutes from the heart of downtown and is a busy hub of activity. Regular daily flights from Vancouver bring business and vacation travelers while charter flights transport supplies and people to a myriad of northern communities and activities.
Sheila Leversidge, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff